Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748177 Members
4146 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Does this deployment plan sound like the way to go?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Just a note, different OSes stop at different PSPs.
For NT4 you'll be restricted to 6.31.
There's also an issue with NT4 regarding the System Management Driver and you need to remain at v3.36 rather that the 4.50 in the PSP. I can't recall the exact reason now.

W2K PSPs stop at 7.60.
Dana Swanson
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the heads up,

I hope not to run into any Windows NT but I have a feeling I will. We still run
Wins to support old PC clients so that's two servers I know of we should be monitoring.

I'm still learning, dazed and confused. :) I'm wondering why some components are based on the old way the insight agents used to work.

Not a good example but when I looked at the Survey Utility it's using Administrator, Operator and User. I thought I saw these referenced someplace else as well but can't recall now.

Are these still there for backward compatibility for older versions of HPSIM?

The new HPSIM5 version seems to make the survey utility no longer needed.

Thanks,

Dana
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Well in HOme Page management you have 3 group Admin,Oper,USer ..groupe, is this what you mean?

Sorry for my english i am french.

Dan
Dana Swanson
Regular Advisor

Hello,

The older insight server management web page used to have you use a general account called "Administrator", "Operator" and "User" and assign them a password. The names were not changable.

Now the new way to connect is like you say by creating your own groups called what you would like.

I still see the older way to communicate here and there and was wondering why this is. I wanted to make sure it was for backwards compatibily like I'm guessing. If not I'll have to get a grasp on how to setup the old accounts somehow.

Thanks!