108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Doing maintenance on a single system - how to stop alerts

Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Doing maintenance on a single system - how to stop alerts

Hi all:

HPSIM C.05.00.01.01 on WIN 2003 Server SP1
We have multiple Linux and HPUX systems. When rebooting the UN*X systems we get the pages of system unreachable. How to turn off the alerts for a single system? Is there a command I can run on the UN*X system to tell SIM not to alert?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

From SIM you can clink on the Server Name, follow the Tools and Links Tab. There's a suspend / resume monitoring option.

I don't know if this can be scripted using a command line utility.
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

HI,
Not very familiar with commands, but Page 62 in the Comand Line guide should help you with this issue.
http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/cliguide5.pdf
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Thanks all. I know about the suspend/resume monitoring. But in doing maintenance we do not want to log in to the WIN/CMS server.

What can be run on the UN*X systems (HPUX & RH Linux) to prevent the alarms & subsequent pages?

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The 'system unreachable' event is independent of anything running on the HP-UX box--it would occur if a switch between the CMS and the target were unplugged or went down.

It is possible to use the mxnode command to initiate the suspend monitoring. If OpenSSH is running on your Windows CMS you could use a command line on the HP-UX box to call mxnode on the CMS.