1752795 Members
6271 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Duplicate Alerts - SIM 7.2

wGS3PJV79Z4c75t
Frequent Visitor

Duplicate Alerts - SIM 7.2

I am getting duplicate alerts through HPSIM. See screen shot below to view the information of how I have automatic handling set up.

8 REPLIES 8
Bendom
Frequent Advisor

Re: Duplicate Alerts - SIM 7.2

Hi,

I am not sure about others in here, but for me personally it is little bit hard to help you with lack of informations. Could you show tasks setup?

wGS3PJV79Z4c75t
Frequent Visitor

Attached are the tasks from HPSIM.

wGS3PJV79Z4c75t
Frequent Visitor

Is this enough information to continue? What additional screenshots do you need?

Bendom
Frequent Advisor

Hi

This does not help at all. You showed only names of scheduled tasks. Is it possible to post alert msg content? I thought your problem is not caused by tasks, but for exapmle iLO SNMP alerts + Insight Agents alerts which are sent from one machine at one time. This can cause doubled alerting. Anyway if you are talking about error events in HP please show me their content.

BR,

Martin

wGS3PJV79Z4c75t
Frequent Visitor

Duplicate Alert Content:

Alert #1

Event Name: (SNMP) coldStart

URL: xxxx

Event originator: xxxx

Event Severity: Informational

Event received: 18-Aug-2013, 23:10:08

Event description: A coldStart trap signifies that the SNMP entity, supporting a notification originator application, is reinitializing itself and that its configuration may have been altered.

Alert #2

Event Name: (SNMP) coldStart

URL: xxxx

Event originator: xxxx

Event Severity: Informational

Event received: 18-Aug-2013, 23:10:08

Event description: A coldStart trap signifies that the SNMP entity, supporting a notification originator application, is reinitializing itself and that its configuration may have been altered.

Bendom
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

This seems to be exactly what i have described i my previous post. Source in this case should be SNMP protocol. So this mean there is one action reported by two subsystems i guess iLO and Insight Agents. Please check your iLO settings via webbrowser (it is probably most comfortable UI) and settings of your Insight Agents (System Management Homepage or HP Notifier? not sure about it but i think it is accessible in Control Panel if you are using Windows Server OS).

I do not want to confuse you but i really think this system bahavior can be caused by this.

Btw : i think but i am not sure there is a possibility where ilo and Insight agents can forward their alerts to each other so check if this possibility is not set...

Bendom
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Do you have any news in this case?

Bendom
Frequent Advisor

Btw how did you set up you SNMP strings? i think it may casue this problem too when READ and READ_WRITE SNMP strings are pointed to the same machine.

It worked for me a long time ago.