1753857 Members
7104 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Duplicate SIM Entries

David Larvin
Contributor

Duplicate SIM Entries

Anyone got thoughts. For example I have a Blade enclosure with 2 blades. Under HP SIM I see 4 blades. 2 as the serial number of the blades in the enclosure and two as the Server name. Have I configured something I shouldn't have done or is this normal behaviour
1 REPLY 1
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Re: Duplicate SIM Entries

From the SIM TRG,

â ¢ Automatically discover a server blade when its Integrated Lights Out management processor is identified.
This option adds servers indirectly discovered through the server's management processor, which are discovered when the server's iLO is discovered. The discovered servers are identified as Disabled on the system table view page. The only information displayed is the system serial number and the association to iLO and the enclosure. If the iLO is in a c-Class enclosure, the option, Discover systems in an enclosure when Onboard Administrator is discovered should also be enabled.

â ¢ Discover systems in an enclosure when Onboard Administrator is discovered.
This option adds systems identified by the Onboard Administrator even if the systems are not in the configured discovery range. This option is selected by default

Looks like these options are selected in the CMS Discovery Page

What you can do:

Delete the server blades from SIM
Add the server blades manually via hostname or ip address

/SRH