108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Duplicate entry shown in VCA

SOLVED
Go to solution
vr2zzn
Occasional Contributor

Duplicate entry shown in VCA

Duplicate "HP ProLiant iLO 3 Management Controller Driver Package for Windows Server 2003 X64" shown in VCA, but only one of them detected the correct driver version, anyone have the same problem?

11 REPLIES 11
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor
Solution

This was just fixed in a new iLO management driver:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=4091412&prodNameId=4091432&swEnvOID=4064&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-de82e27e8ffc4fc7bdfe485e11

"Updated component metadata to prevent the Version Control Agent from listing the component twice. The actual driver package is unchanged from the original 3.3.0.0 release."

Nelson

vr2zzn
Occasional Contributor

Thank you :)

I have apply (reinstall) the driver to the DL380 G7 server again, but the VCA still disaply double entry :(

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

That's a bummer.  Not sure what to tell you then, I guess the update does not actually fix the problem it is supposed to fix :mansurprised:

Maybe call HP?  Also, maybe try updating the iLO firmware.  Perhaps the latest driver needs the latest firmware to work?

Olson_1
Advisor

Same problem here. SO THIS ISSUE IS NOT SOLVED

3.2.0.0 is duplicate enty for 3.3.0.0 and 3.3.1.0

HP: PLEASE FIX

--
Adam X. White
Advisor

Just chiming in to agree that installing 3.3.1.0 does not fix this problem on my system (Win2k8 R2 with PSP 8.70).

jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

I ran into it myself and I meant to look into it, but the customer recalled the server name wrong and I couldn't find it again. To look into it.

Can you all tell me what is the hardware you are seeing it on?

ROM?

iLO FW?

I looked at a couple of G7 systems I have access and I none of them exhibited the symptom.

jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

The problem is with the driver metadata as described in the link above for 3.3.0c - c version has corrected metadata and the same driver. The problem being experienced is there is residual effect of the metadata in the generated xml files by the mere existence of the original 3.3.0 with its metadata file being in the Repository.

If you at 6.1 or later in your VCRM, you may be able to simply delete the original 3.3.0 version of the driver from the repository using the VCRM Delete task for each of the operating system versions (you got to get them all) and the VCRM may rid itself of the residual information left behind in refreshing the xml files from a rescan. In theory this should work - if you do this and it works let me know since I can't test it right now hoping to tomorrow. NOTE: If you delete it the Repository folder it won't work, must be via the VCRM Delete function.

In anycase it is not impacting the system and is simply an aesthetic annoyance. This is going to be rectified with the next PSP release which will refesh the xml sets of the Repository with ones that will account for the problem driver metadata left overs.

Just so you know HP isn't  taking guesses at it for a fix - just the verbiage of the note for the updated driver version is a bit mis-leading as to what to expect by upgrading.

Olson_1
Advisor

When i try to delete the 3.2.0.0 version from hp vcr

cp013143.exe - HP ProLiant iLO 3 Management Controller Driver Package for Windows Server 2008 X64 Version 3.2.0.0 (English (US), Japanese) Error: File is part of one or more Support Packs.

Deleted all support packs already :S

--
Patrick Frischknecht
Occasional Visitor

Greetings

I have the problem with remains of 3.2.0.0 being displayed as well.

On some systems reinstalling with the latest version helps on some it doesn't.