1748163 Members
3728 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Duplicate server entries

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Duplicate server entries

Since upgrading to SIM 5.2 SP1 (or maybe it was just 5.2) I have been having problems with duplicate server entries in my console. A server will be rebooted for maintenance, and will be readded to SIM using the same name after the reboot. I believe this is due to the "Auto-discovery" feature that I have enabled. It must send a SNMP trap on boot up and SIM, instead of seeing the device already exists, re-adds it and uses the same name. Then, the menu along the left of SIM (System and Event Collections) becomes blank and says something like "Invalid Data". I have to remove the duplicate entry and restart SIM. In the event log you see entries about SIM fixing missing data in some tables:

ERROR: TABLE hpmxTargetStatus KEY NodeID may contain 103 entrie(s) not in table devices KEY MxGUID

103 entries fixed in TABLE hpmxTargetStatus

Then SIM is fine.

If I turn off auto-discovery of new devices, it seems to be OK. But this worked flawlessly in the previous version.

I am just wondering if I am the only one having this problem, or if others are and hence it is a bug.

Nelson
1 REPLY 1
CJS
Occasional Advisor

Re: Duplicate server entries

Nelson,

I think we are experiencing the same problem. Turning off Auto-Discovery does work but isn't an optimal solution IMO.