4716 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

E-Mail alerts not occurring

Andrew Kaplan
Super Advisor

E-Mail alerts not occurring

Hello --

I have installed Insight Manager 7.2 on a Windows 2008 R2 64-bit system. I have a prototype system running the CentOS 5.3 64-bit distribution on a ProLiant DL380 G5 system. The client has the HP-MCP-9.30-1 CentOS package running on it. A Discovery was done for the client, and it was successfully identified on the SIM server. The snmp configuration, /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf, contains the following entries:

dlmod cmaX /usr/lib64/libcmaX64.so
rwcommunity private 127.0.0.1
rocommunity public localhost
rocommunity public <sim ip address>
trapcommunity public
trapsink <sim ip address> public

I checked the client, and the snmpd, hpsmhd, and hp-snmp-agents daemons are running. The snmptrapd daemon is currently stopped. I also ran a test script on the client that would send a trap message to the SIM server, and the trap message was received on the server.

I set up an Automatic Event Handling task where the Event Collection is the Important Proliant Events. The action that has been selected is send e-mail without any time filter. A test e-mail from the server was successfully sent to an administrator's account.

There is a minor system issue on the server that is shown in the All Systems window. However, I have not received an e-mail concerning it, and I wanted to get notifications for such an issue.  What other step(s) do I need to take in order to get notified of events?

Thanks.

A Journey In The Quest Of Knowledge
1 REPLY 1
SenneVL
Frequent Advisor

Re: E-Mail alerts not occurring

check the "event category" for the event in HP SIM and make sure it matches the selection you made ("Proliant events"). If not, adjust the automatic event handling task to (also) contain that category.

Alsi, it might be worth cheking if you spelled the email adress correctly while configuring the event handling task.