108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ESX Host registration in Insight Dynamics

SOLVED
Go to solution
DonSmith0271
Occasional Advisor

ESX Host registration in Insight Dynamics

We are in the process of upgrading our ESX hosts to include the HP tools. We have installed the "PSP" for the ESX host and the discovery of the devices in Insight goes without a hitch. When I try to Configure>Virtual Machine>Register VM Host I get the following error:

Register VM Host. Unable to register (IP address). Register VM host failed,
host is not licensed. (View logs: cms)

The cms log is contained in the excel file enclosed. Any help is appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ESX Host registration in Insight Dynamics

Have you applied an Insight Dynamics license to the host? Use the Managed Systems Setup Wizard to take you through the process in the correct order.
radek zima_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi, there is no PSP for ESX, only agents and smh, and actually these are not needed for registration anyway ... you only need ssh access and the host must be licensed (looks like your case), for VMM registration you need Insight Control license (or old VMM license), your Insight Dynamics license may contain it or not ... Radek
DonSmith0271
Occasional Advisor

After I added the Insight Control license to the server I still had a registration issue. After looking closer the ID that we had associated to the virtual center had the password expire on it. Changed it to a valid service account and the registration work correctly.
DonSmith0271
Occasional Advisor

see above.