5300 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ESXI 4 HP Dl360 G5 alerts not being sent to HP SIM 5.3SP1

Rakesh Borhara
Advisor

ESXI 4 HP Dl360 G5 alerts not being sent to HP SIM 5.3SP1

Ive tried a lot of forum searching and seem to be getting nowhere with this

My DL360G5 server has been setup with ESXI 4 Upgrade 1 version of for the HP proliant server and its been patched up using VMware Host Client.
I can see the server in HP SIM (make and model) but all status seems to be green even though I pulled the power lead out from the 2nd power supply

However in the ESXI Vmware client - its aware that the power has been disabled on the Server
I've checked WBEM is install on the HP SIM and VPARS is setup as "1" on the ESXI Server to tell it to use the OEM 3rd Party CIM functions
Anyone got further ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: ESXI 4 HP Dl360 G5 alerts not being sent to HP SIM 5.3SP1

You also need to subscribe to WBEM Indications for that server in HPSIM.
Options -> Events -> Subscribe to WBEM Events.

If that fails (it sometimes does here in the GUI) use the command that it shows in a CMD line from the HP SIM Server. No idea why, but I've found that more reliable.
Rakesh Borhara
Advisor

Re: ESXI 4 HP Dl360 G5 alerts not being sent to HP SIM 5.3SP1

I cant get the ESXI Server to send the Power failed Alert to HP sim -
Rewmoving the network lead from the back of the ESXI host - causes HP sim to ackowledge it (actualy get 2 alerts emailed) if anyone knows how to stop the duplicate alerts

So im happy for now -except that when i re-enter the network lead back into the ESXI Host - i cant seem to clear the fault of The HP SIM server - I think it may involve deleting hte ESXI form SIM and readding it back on