5560 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ESXi server not associating with related management processor

MrMike_2
Advisor

ESXi server not associating with related management processor

SIM 5.3 SP1/W updates

I have multiple entries for a ESX3i 3.5 server.

One line show the serial number of the server and shows the corresponding ilo device

And one line with the name of the server but does not show the ilo device.

Not sure why they are not resolving properly like it does for most of my Windows servers.

Not sure why they are not resolving properly like it does for most of my Windows servers.
5 REPLIES 5
MrMike_2
Advisor

Just spent an hour on the phone with support and the girl there is saying that she thinks it is a ilo firmware 1.70 issue. Though the article she found does not point to any particular OS I only see the issue with ESX 3.i and not any other OS's. Has anyone else seen this issue?
htulumba
Advisor

Have you installed the software HP ESXi 3.5 update 4 CIM Providers version 2.01.11 Update CD?

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=3682822&swItem=MTX-3b1f5654f0eb47a1a3b96697e9&prodNameId=3682823&swEnvOID=4025&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=2

HP has fixed an issue in which the UUID returned by HP├в s Common Information Model (CIM) providers does not match the UUID returned by iLO. This issue causes HP-SIM (System Insight Manager) to be unable to properly associate the server with its corresponding iLO component, which also causes several side affects within HP-SIM. This issue is resolved in release 2.01.11.

This ISO updates the HP Common Information Model (CIM) providers on ESXi 3.5 U4. This ISO updates HP CIM Providers from 2.01.10 to 2.01.11. Note: This CD does not support upgrades on ESX, only ESXi.
MrMike_2
Advisor

Sounds promising. I wonder if they have an update for disk install version? This is for the flash resident OS.
htulumba
Advisor

The software HP ESXi 3.5 update 4 CIM Providers version 2.01.11 Update CD is only for ESXi (flash or installable version but without the service console). Have you solved your case?
MrMike_2
Advisor

Based on the Overview I felt that this .iso was only used on the Flash version. The Overview says the CD does not support updating the HD resident.

Overview
This ISO image, when burned onto a blank CD-ROM, is bootable and will replace HP CIM Providers 2.01.10 with 2.01.11. The CD should only be used on an existing flash resident ESXi 3.5 Update 4 server with HP CIM Providers version 2.01.10. This CD does not support updating the hard drive resident ESXi version, only the flash resident version. Flash resident devices include USB key as well as SD card.