Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVA8000 Management

SOLVED
Go to solution
locca
Occasional Contributor

EVA8000 Management

I have one EVA8000 which was discovered by SIM normally, from SIM I could get its information like ports, firmware and software revision etc. Do I need to subscribe to wbem events from the the SMA in order to get the alert when eva8000 has some problem?
4 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: EVA8000 Management

No, they should be passed through and interpreted by WEBES / SEA that's installed as part of the HPSIM suite. WEBES links to HPSIM.

With the recent change to ISEE that's also all installed as part of HPSIM and needs a physical server.

With HPSIM 5.3 all of these are now installed a package. The ELMC needs to be copied over and installed on the CV Server. That establishes the link to CV, that's where the alerts are initially detected.
xianjun_1
Advisor

hi rob, Thanks for you informaiton. I just checked my cms. There was no WEBES/SEA installed now. My sim version is 5.03.01. do I still need to install this manually for receive alert from sma?
xianjun_1
Advisor

hi, I just checked the document on hp site with the following link:
http://docs.hp.com/en/59000064/ch11s03.html#sms-sys-access-reqs

There's following description:
* HP SIM on the CMS communicates with to the EVA using a WBEM protocol CIMOM provided by SMI-S on the SMS.
* WEBES on the CMS communicates with ELMC on the SMS, which then communicates with the EVA using CommandView on the SMS.

my understanding is if the server type is SMA, we don't need to install ELMC,otherwise if it's SMS, ELMC should be installed, right?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Not eaxctly sure where it's an SMA.
We moved away from that model quite some time ago.
So now I have the CV 8 package installed which includes the CIMOM package on one server. Also installed is the ELMC.

On the HPSIM 5.3 Server I have WEBES/SEA and the RSM packages installed. Previously WEBES and ISEE were on the CV server, but with ISEE being replaced by RSM this changed.

If the SMA still has ISEE etc. then I'm not sure it will work as I believe the old ISEE got retired in July 09.