Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753886 Members
7534 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVENT SUBSCRIPTION FAILED AFTER CHANGING HOSTNAME

EVENT SUBSCRIPTION FAILED AFTER CHANGING HOSTNAME

Hi all.

I have SIM 5.2 configured in HPUX 11.23 with SysFaultManagement running on the managed nodes (also hpux 11.23)

Everything works fine, but after changing the hostname of a managed node ( previously mosrk452, now mosbt50) I can't receive event subscriptions...I have rebooted the managed node, reinstalled SFM..

When I run "Configure or repair agent" I obtain the following error message:

Installing WBEM certificate....
Error while establishing SSH connection. Check username/password.
WBEM certificate installation (DONE)................................ [FAILED]

And with ssh:
Configure SSH for host based authentication (DONE).................. [FAILED]
Configuration failed to complete due to the following exception:
Connection
to the target system failed due to mosrk452.Target system might be down or does
not have a SSH server. The network connection problem could also cause this issu
e.
The strange thing is that it's reflecting the old hostname (mosrk452). How can I delete the certificate or correect this issue?

I have added and deleted the hosts several times (with the old and the new hostname) and everytime is the same error

Best regards

2 REPLIES 2
Darrin Rawls
Respected Contributor

Re: EVENT SUBSCRIPTION FAILED AFTER CHANGING HOSTNAME

Run mxagentconfig on the command line to delete the registration/key (doc'd in the Help file or the man page). Then readd it and see if that helps....

Re: EVENT SUBSCRIPTION FAILED AFTER CHANGING HOSTNAME

I have executed the command a lot of times,

mxagentconfig -r -n mosrk452 (the old name)

Then I also remove the credentials (mxagentonfig, mxwbemsub) and delete the node with the new name.

Then, I add again the node with the new name...everything seems fine, but when i execute "Configure or repair agents" again is pointing to the old name (mosrk452)

I have double-checked /etc/hosts and DNS...where can It be referenced in the SIM???

Thanks a lot