Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email HP SIM Reports

Danielle Roach_1
Occasional Advisor

Email HP SIM Reports

Hi,

I have got a report setup to check the disks space of all my servers. Is it possible under HP SIM to get it to email me the report automatically?

Regards,

Danielle
4 REPLIES
Matthew J Warrick
Frequent Advisor

Re: Email HP SIM Reports

Why not just set warning thresholds and then create an email event to notify you when a partition starts to fill up? That's a lot less complicated and saves you having to review a report manually.
"Did you get that memo?"
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Matthew's suggestion is a good one. Too often we fall victim to desiring too much data in place of valuable information. Why scan through a report looking for something when the system can do the work for you?

Even so, most of us have bosses, and bosses aren't always reasonable, and bosses like to be shown things.

Dannielle, it can be done, but outside of the HP SIM UI. Basically you will need to create a script or batch file that contains the mxreport command necessary to retrieve your report, write it to a file and then use a command line email client to send that file to its recipients. You can then use the OS scheduling mechanism (the 'at' command in Windows or cron in *nix) to make it happen in the frequency you want.
Danielle Roach_1
Occasional Advisor

Many thanks for getting back to me.

Regards,

Danielle
fred Passeron
Honored Contributor

hi

Following on what david said : the batch you have created or would create could in fact be integrated in HP SIM as a custom command. It will have to run on the HP SIM server itself. And created as a custom command, it would enable you to schedule the task since HP SIM is providing the functionnality.

regards

frederic
“Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.” Isaac Asimov