Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753499 Members
4288 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Email notification, and sms when harddisk is down?

Madsens

Email notification, and sms when harddisk is down?

Hey.
I have recently installed HP SIM on my server, and connected som other servers to it.

The actually reason for installing the program is to get notifications when something is wrong. And they have to be send both to more than one email, and more than one phone number.

The biggest problem that could accour would be if the computer is down, og a harddisk is broken. What software should i use to get these notifications of my servers?

Thanks alot for your answers! :)
4 REPLIES 4
Madsens

I have found out how to send mails to people, and send them in a format combitable for sms, but then how to set up the sms system?

The sms part is acutally the most important one, because that it's when im not at work, (and not chekking emails), that i have to me noticed of problems (through sms).
martinwa
Occasional Advisor

Hi Madsens,

Did you ever find a solution regarding the SMS sending?

At the time I am working on a solution with linux SMStools...

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The most common method since most people lack GSM modems is to send an email to an SMS gateway. That is why there is the option for HTML or SMS formats for email. If you have an SMS modem, you would generally call your SMS messaging utility with the appropriate system variables such as %NOTICEPLAINTEXT% (Windows) or $NOTICEPLAINTEXT (*nix).
Madsens

Okay, thx!
I think i'll then talk with my tele company, to discuss how to forward the mails to cellphones. ;-)