cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enclosure System type is Server

Richard C. Klimitchek
Occasional Advisor

Enclosure System type is Server

I have installed SIM 5.2 and no enclosures show up in the "All Enclosures" Collection. After investigating I found that the "System Type" attribute of all my enclosures is "server".

It appears from the filter config of the "All Enclosures" collection group that it should be "enclosure" da.

Has anyone else seen this? What might I be missing?
3 REPLIES
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Re: Enclosure System type is Server

Some question:
what those Enclosures are? p class or c class?
Did u discover iLO (and iLO is running fine with latest f/w) if its pclass? if c-class then is OA is running fine?
Richard C. Klimitchek
Occasional Advisor

They are C-class enclosures. The OA's seem to have discovered fine. The enclosures are discovered fine other than the System Type attribute being wrong.

I am thinking that an enclosure has to be derived in SIM from information taken from the OA. In other words SIM Disovers an OA and gets from it an Enclosure name, and Rack Name and what servers are in that enclosure. With that info SIM would have to build the enclosure. Somewhere in SIM as it builds the enclosure it has to fill in the proper attributes such as System Type. It seems to be doing that wrong for some reason.
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

yes you are right. Enclosure comes through OA. did u try to re-discover OA. Is those Enclosure coming under HP BladeSystem->All C-Class Eclosure-> then ?
check "http:///xmldata?item=all" is coming with fine xml. If u can see that fine with Enclosure then try to attach it here if possible?