Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Envent Handling - Event type id - need the complete list and details about it

sgaucher
Occasional Contributor

Envent Handling - Event type id - need the complete list and details about it

Hi,

I try to put in place a series of event handling to be page or mail it about specific issues. But I try to found where it will be possible to know every event type that is already configured into HP Sim 5.1. This will help us to put in place the right alarm to not infect or support team with bad information.

Some can help me about this?
2 REPLIES
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: Envent Handling - Event type id - need the complete list and details about it

All automatic handling is hp sim menu,OPTION>EVENTS>AUTOMATIC EVENT HANDLING>MANAGE TASK

PS don't ferget to apply you're point,there situated next every message in this thread,next to date and time has UNASSIGNED,then you can apply bye the buton on the botton of the page.

WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS?
There are 3 reasons why we feel rating replies is such an important feature:

1.) Others have taken time to help you, so please give them credit for their help.
2.) Your rating will help your peers earn points toward their Forums status, and you will validate the quality of the solution you've received.
3.) Other readers will understand which answer best solved a problem, enriching the community knowledge being shared

Have a nice day and happy christmas

Dan
sgaucher
Occasional Contributor

Re: Envent Handling - Event type id - need the complete list and details about it

I guest my question will not be clear. I already know that and this is not anwser my question, but this is probably because my last question will be not realy clear!

My question is more about, how it will be possible to know if exist complete description of each event that will be inventory each event that it will be possible to select into Event Handling. I guess each event that appear there came from the MIB that will be installed into HPSIM. But how it will be possible to have a complete list of this MIB and a complete description of each trap!

Here an exemple:

Into the task management you can select this event: Proliant Storage Events and type name is Accelerator Board Bad Data (3006)

To know more about this event, you need to search into SNMP Trap Setting and scrool down each Mib name and Trap Name to find the good one that reflect yours needs. For this exemple, I found it into cpqida.mib and cpqDa2AccelBadDataTrrap and the description of this one is:
Accelerator Board Bad Data. This trap signifies that the agent has detected an array accelerator cache board that has lost battery power. If data was being stored in the accelerator memory when the server lost power, that data has been lost.

Now I want to know where it will be possible to see into a list all this information into a document or a spreadsheet and more where it will be possible to know what this affect realy.

This needs is to setting up a good alert configuration and to send the real alert to or support team. At this moment, we send critical event, but this is not all of them that will be realy critical.

I hope I will be more clear now!

Regards,