108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Error importing signed certificate - HP SIM 7.2

Nephtara
Occasional Visitor

Error importing signed certificate - HP SIM 7.2

Hallo HP Community,

I desperately need your help.
I am trying since 2 weeks setting up a fresh HP SIM 7.2 Server with a CA signed certificate but it simply doesnt work. I read alot of forum entries and guides but it still doesnt work. I managed to get the SMH homepage working, which is basically the same address as the HP SIM and I am getting more and more desperate.

The SMH URL is https://servername:2381 which works fine from remote systems. The URL https://servername:50000 still displays a certificate error, because I cant get rid of that **bleep** HP selfsigned certificate.

I go to Options -> Security -> HP SIM Server Certificate and try to import the .p7b file from our internal CA, but I only get a blunt non-saying "Error importing signed certificate" error, without any further explanation. Even using the CLI and trying to import it via that gives me 'unknown error: error importing signed certificate'. I also tried importing various other certificates, .pem and .cer, but still same error.

Its a Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise server.

Can anyone please help me, or tell me where I can find out what bothers it? Its really driving me nuts. Thank You.

4 REPLIES 4
Nephtara
Occasional Visitor

Re: Error importing signed certificate - HP SIM 7.2

Did noone ever try to replace the self signed certificate of HP? I really have no clue what to do any more :(

Mike Schmitz

Did you create a CSR following the steps in the Import process?  As far as I know you need to use a base64 cert which p7b is not.  I am having an issue with importing the CA Root certificate that is required under options>security>credentials>trusted systems under the trusted certificates tab.  In order for the server certificate to be added you must trust the cert chain under the trusted certificate tabs (also must be base64 certs).  When I try to import the root CA either through the .PEM (base64) file or a .cer file exported from a machine that has the certificate I get an error that it is an invalid base64 format.  The intermediate imports fine without error.

Hopefully you have better luck with your import. 

shocko
Honored Contributor

I use a CA signed cert no problem. As stated by the last user, make sure the chain is trusted and imported and also, what key length are you using?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Nephtara
Occasional Visitor

Hi Community,

sorry for the long delay in my answer, but i really had alot of stuff happening lately, and I managed to find a solution to the problem.

I had to modify the keystore - a good description is given here

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/Trusted-External-Certificate-Import/td-p/4728739
(Post form John T Willis)

I had to search a week to find that entry, thats why I initially made a post here. Thanks for all your tries to help.