1752821 Members
3925 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error installing HP Insight Management Agents

Alexey Gromov
Occasional Advisor

Error installing HP Insight Management Agents

I am trying to install cp012575.exe on Windows 2008 R2. The installation process stops with the following message:
Service 'HP Insight Foundation Agents' (CqMgHost) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
The System Event Log contains these entries:
1. Service "HP Insight Foundation Agents" depends on "HP Insight Server Agents", which failed to start because of an error.
2. Service "HP Insight Server Agents" terminated unexpectedly. This happened (times): 14.
3. The Server Agents service version 8.50.0.0 has started.

SNMP is installed on the server. System is up to date.
17 REPLIES 17
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

have you tried right clicking the exe and choose run as administrator?
Alexey Gromov
Occasional Advisor

Yes
Sys Admin
Trusted Contributor

I am having a similar issue on a Proliant DL380 G5 2003 Server 64-bit R2 with cp013067 ( HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions Package. )

in event log: event 7034
"The HP Insight Server Agents service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s)."
and

"Faulting application cqmgserv.exe, version 8.60.0.0, faulting module cpqhlth.dll, version 8.60.0.0, fault address 0x0000000000020b1f."

I think this is possibly an x64 issue because installing the same packages on x86 servers has worked fine...
Alexey Gromov
Occasional Advisor

Confirmed cp013067.exe installation error on Windows 2003 R2 x64.
Martin G. Madsen

Did anyone come with a solution ? after upgrade to rdp 6.2.0.16 with up rdp 6.2.1.7 i now got the same problem.
Ludo972

Hello,

For anyone who have the same problem,

You have just to install the SNMP services and it's OK

shocko
Honored Contributor

Is the native SNMP windows service installed/enabled? Not sure if by default SNMP service is installed on Windows 2008 R2

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
PaulEC

this is what worked for me - installed HP Insight Management WBEM Providers - then i  was able to install the other management agents and the services started.

see link

WBEM

Manjun Wang
Occasional Visitor

Install WBEM, update all firmware drivers to latest version, install the latest version of management agent, in my case it is Proliant DL320e Gen8, Windows 2008 R with SP1, management agent latest version would be 9.30.0.0.