1752786 Members
5970 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Error when installing Remote Support Client A.05.00

Harry Galanos
Frequent Advisor

Error when installing Remote Support Client A.05.00

Has anyone installed the Remote Support Client A.05.00 that comes with HP SIM 5.1?

I keep getting the same error:

9242 The adapter cannot execute because it has user objects and nobody is logged on to the system

I have attached the log.

If anyone could help or give me some advise that would be great. Thanks you in advance.
21 REPLIES 21
TimMC
Advisor

Re: Error when installing Remote Support Client A.05.00

I found the same problem. So I checked the logs and saw the msi it was trying to install:

From your log:
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\SWMAgent\.marimba\ISEE_CMS_SWMAGENT\ch.20\data\msi\iseeClient.msi

I ran this manually and it seemed to fix the problem.
Harry Galanos
Frequent Advisor

Hi Tim,

By 'running this manually' do you mean from 'start > run' or manual install?

Where do I install it from, and how?
TimMC
Advisor

Yes, ,Start/Run, then enter in that string. This will start the installation manually. I believe I just used all the defaults.
Harry Galanos
Frequent Advisor

Tim, I couldn't find thins component anywhere so I uninstalled the whole 'Remote Support Software Manager' and tried to reinstall.

The reinstall failed. I have attached the error log below, but here is a quick 1 liner:

C:\ISEE_CMS_SWMAGENT_install.txt still exists

There is no such file on 'C'. Any suggestions?
SJO EGGER
Regular Advisor

I also have the same error message to, but if i have look in the add/remove menu it is installed. The question for me is how to test if it's working correctly.

I've also the message that OSEM 1.4.1B aborted during postinstall but it is installed and working.

The remote support software manager seems to be a little bugy at this time.
Kevin R. McCartney

All:

The Remote Support Client must be installed from either the physical console or a console mode Remote Desktop Connection session (C:\WINDOWS\system32\mstsc.exe /console)

You should not run the .msi file manually as you are disconnecting it's state from Software Manager. (SWM thinks it's failed, though the OS thinks it's installed correctly)

Regarding the un-install procedure, an externally visible version of the Software Manager troubleshooting guide is targeted to be available this Friday. I will reply to this thread with the URL when it's visible.

The troubleshooting guide describes the known issues, including the package status being misrepresented as aborted (post-)install temporarily.

Verifying the Remote Support Client, OSEM, etc are working correctly can be accomplished by following the procedures in the docs available from this link: http://docs.hp.com/en/netsys.html#Service%20Essentials%20Remote%20Support%20Pack
Harry Galanos
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your reply.

The specific problem I have is as follows. OSEM does work, and is configured. I have also successfully installed and configureed all packages/components apart from the Remote support component. It shows up as aborted (install).

I thought this was odd, BUT under HP SIM
Options├в "Remote
Support Configuration and Services" does NOT exist, indicating that this is not correctly installed.

I guess I will wait until the troubleshooting guide is released.

Thanks.
SJO EGGER
Regular Advisor

Thanks Mr. McCartney for the /console hint. Remote Support Client A.05.00 is now installted correctly.
KC Hogan

You can obtain support for the Remote Support Client by following the standard Remote Support process in your region.

The support process is outlined in the ISEE OLA under the section titled "Logging a Support Call with 2nd Level Front-end (RST EMEA/Americas/APJ)"

The OLA is located at the following URL:
http://tsg.opsandit.emea.hp.com/content/tSS/event_Services/projects_in_ES/eDelivery_Support_Website/isee_OLA_12_250906.doc