Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748246 Members
3456 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event Details: Remote Insight/ Integrated LightsOut Interface Error (9006)

Christopher Knight
Frequent Advisor

Event Details: Remote Insight/ Integrated LightsOut Interface Error (9006)

We are all of a sudden recieving this error in SIM does anyone know what this means? It is happening on 5 of our servers and all at the same time.

Here's the rest of the errorz:

Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out Interface Error. The host OS has detected an error in the Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out interface. The firmware is not responding

An administratively-assigned name for this managed node. By convention, this is the node``s fully-qualified domain name. AV
The Trap Flags. This is a collection of flags used during trap delivery. Each bit has the following meaning: Bit 5-31: RESERVED: Always 0. Bit 2-4: Trap Condition 0= Not used (for backward compatibility) 1= Condition unknown or N/A 2= Condition ok 3= Condition degraded 4= Condition failed 5-7= reserved Bit 1: Client IP address type 0= static entry 1= DHCP entry Bit 0: Agent Type 0= Server 1= Client NOTE: bit 31 is the most significant bit, bit 0 is the least significant. 0

Mib Information
The associated MIB File Name for this trap iscpqsm2.mib and the MIB identifier CPQSM2-MIB
Christopher Knight
6 REPLIES 6
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Hello Christopher,

Its perhaps a NMI error sensed by the RIB.
Were you trying to update the firmware on the RIB and was there a ungraceful shutdown or loss of connectivity?
If its not due to any action and on its own,see if RIB is detected and flash the firmware.
If it does'nt work,we had one of the guys who installed RIB on another server,ROM flash and it was all working.

SRH

Christopher Knight
Frequent Advisor

That's thie thing...I didn't do any updates to these machines! They are all showing green in SIM and on the ilo cards now. I'm just trying to figure out what happened that caused all of them to throw that error.
Christopher Knight
BonaChrister

Paul C Cook

I'm having the same thing. They are from the Rilo II. I have flashed the firmware up to 1.21 and they are working correctly (I did this to 3 boards and 2 have this issue).
I have been trying to find a prior firmware version to see if I can downgrade the firmware on them but no luck.
Paul C Cook

I have now fixed my issue with this. The server was generating the messages.
Make sure the System Management Homepage, Insight Agents and Version Control Agents are all up to date.
SFell
Occasional Advisor

I started getting this error after the "Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP Integrated Lights-Out v1.88 (Japanese)" was installed. It showed up in the VCR as a major update and got deployed immediately.

I had a user get kicked off an iLO connection when that error occured. Like the iLO is rebooting itself.

The English 1.88a couldn't install over it. It would complete successfully but after refreshing the inventory show up as the 1.88 Japanese.

I had to downgrade to 1.80 english, delete the Japanese package from the Repository and then apply the 1.88a English again.

I hope it stays this time.