Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752587 Members
3844 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event Notifier does not have options for SMTP Auth. & Alternat Port Number.

Douglas Tucker

Event Notifier does not have options for SMTP Auth. & Alternat Port Number.

Does anyone know how to setup email notification if mail server requries authentication and alternate smtp port number?

I can receive mail from Event Notifier provided the recipient is in the same domain. Event Notifier is old and doesn't have any SMTP server options.

Doug Tucker,

5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

As you've noted Event Notifier is old and not usually used in HPSIM installations. Why do you need that rather than use the SNMP Trap Send mechanism that HPSIM actually uses?
Douglas Tucker

merely because it is a small installation and Event Notifier is less resource overhead.

Thanks in advance.

JMarshall
Occasional Visitor

Just use the local server's SMTP server - For example, in Server 2008 R2, make sure SMTP Server FEATURE is installed and the SMTP service is running.  Configure the SMTP server in IIS 6.0 manager and add the local server IP to Relay Restrictions -Allow.

comfine
Occasional Visitor

this is great tip! thanks a lot, saved my day. you can use authentiaction and everything is fine. the smtp server is installed over the server manager -> features in about 5 minutes. the configuration is very easy and done in another 5 minutes. works great!

rouxstep
Occasional Visitor

Seems that tip would suit me just fine. I Installed IIs for SMTP but i would like a configuration example.

Thank you,

Stephane