Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Severity Built In Alerts

securityguy
Occasional Contributor

Event Severity Built In Alerts

Hi All,

I know you can change the event severity for some alerts by changing the MIB/Trap settings.  My question is, can you change the event severity for generated by HP SIM?  For example, if a data collection retries HP Insight Manager generates a minor event.  I'd love to be able to change an event like this to informational.  Ideas? 

1 REPLY
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Event Severity Built In Alerts

Hello,

If your goal is not to receive alarms for these event you can use the same methode as i did. Create a custom event collection and make it to show all events except the internal events and use that collection to e-mail or forward to an other system.
Kind regards,

Andrew