Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting SIM Reports to the web

SOLVED
Go to solution
PatrickFrith
Advisor

Exporting SIM Reports to the web

We are working on a help desk web portal that can give up-to-date status on help desk tickets. The idea was brought up to include a real-time status for the servers we run. Has anyone ever done this (either as real-time status, or as a user generated report) as perhaps an embedded applet in a web page?

We are currently running SIM 5 SP-3.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Exporting SIM Reports to the web

The HPSIM Web Page is the real-time status page.
I seem to recall that someone had worked out how to pass login parameters to HPSIM, you'd need to search this forum.
So you may be able to set up a User in HPSIM that can see the Servers and have your front end call that.

The other approach that I'd investigate would be a direct call to the HPSIM database to build up a page of what you wanted. It would be static, unlike the HPSIM Web Page. The HPSIM Technical Reference Guide includes a list of the tables and what they hold.
PatrickFrith
Advisor

Thanks Rob!

It looks like I'll need to get some help from one of the web team to get this, but this gives me a starting place.
Bill Slobodnik
Frequent Advisor

My team has built exactly what Rob described, a web page that accesses the HPSIM database where Help desk and Procurement departments can access information for servers by selecting the server from a drop down menu, which in turn will pull a web page with all the fields from the HPSIM DB we desired. It is a great tool.