1748168 Members
4196 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FC HBA - There is a minor problem that is causing limited interference

zeroagemain
Frequent Advisor

FC HBA - There is a minor problem that is causing limited interference

After an upgrade to IC 7.1 we started getting the error in the subject in SIM on our ESXi host blades. They happen to have HBA's for future proofing but have no storage mapped to them via Fibre Channel. The only way we found to get rid of the alert was to ENABLE the SAN ports in the virtual connect profiles, which were previously disabled.

Is this an error? Surely you shouldn't have to enable SAN Fabric connections or remove HBA's just to avoid alerts on hosts that don't have any FC storage mapped?

BL460c G7

IC 7.1

VC 3.15

Kind Regards,

ZaM

5 REPLIES 5
drpixel
Respected Contributor

Hello,

Alternatively, you can set HP SIM to ignore the FC HBA status.

You must go to "Tools & link" --> "WBEM Health inclusion Status".

Then you select your HBA and set it to "Ignore Status"

Regards,

Christophe
zeroagemain
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the suggestion Christophe, but although we used that method to to solve an issue with false positive alerts with network cards (see: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/HP-SIM-reporting-quot-A-network-interface-has-failed-or/m-p/5805183 ) , it doesn't list the HBA's and isn't an option for us.

Does it list HBA's for you?
Peter A. Berger Jr.
Regular Advisor

Z -- were you ever able to find a fix for this?

We're getting the same mis-information being reported from HP SIM.

I've deleted the device from HPSIM; rebooted the device and it found it again with an HBA "error".

Yet if I look into the BladeSystem Onboard Administrator -- everything is green and the HBA's look OK.

It doesn't look like you can ignore the errors either (like the network card suggestion).

The weird thing is -- all of our blades have the same firmware/software/configuration -- yet only 1 of them is reporting this HBA issue.

thanks...

ronniewong

similar happen to me. I do a reboot on the ESXI host and rediscover then issue was resolved. Make sure u clear the error logs and iml logs to before u reboot the hosts. :)

tekns
Occasional Visitor

After months of struggling with narrowing this down, I actually found a solution to the problem (at least for my servers). I had to disable the "qlnativefc" system driver within VMWare ESXi and reboot the host and then the problem goes away.

I have posted full details of the problem and fix at the following URL:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/How-to-disable-an-FC-HBA-alert-on-ProLiant-DL380-G7/td-p/6455304#.U1hLXlcj3h0