Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748028 Members
5161 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Failed to set the status for VM to 1 exception = java.lang.Exception: Could not find a node named

SOLVED
Go to solution
mk
Occasional Advisor

Failed to set the status for VM to 1 exception = java.lang.Exception: Could not find a node named

Hi all i am getting the following error after trying to register a Virtual Machine Host. How can I get ride of this? Thank you for your help.

Level

ERROR

Failed to set the status for VM to 1 exception = java.lang.Exception: Could not find a node named "79B72D42-0746-78D1-5F11-E3E49850B67D" in the HP Systems Insight Manager database.: Possibly the name was not typed in correctly or another user removed the item being looked for.: Verify that the name entered is correct. In the case of a recent discovery, try waiting a little longer for the system to appear.

Class

com.hp.mx.vmm.hpsim.integration.Status

Method

updateNodeStatusUsingUUID

File

Status.java

Line

5 REPLIES 5
mk
Occasional Advisor

Re: Failed to set the status for VM to 1 exception = java.lang.Exception: Could not find a node name

Looks like maybe an orphaned UUID in the SIM database. How can I remove these record? 

Someone please lend me a hand on this.

mk
Occasional Advisor

Re: Failed to set the status for VM to 1 exception = java.lang.Exception: Could not find a node name

Bumb! anyone here?

shocko
Honored Contributor

What version of SIM and VMM are you using?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
mk
Occasional Advisor

SIM Version:

Version: Systems Insight Manager 7.0.0 - Windows      

Build version: C.07.00.00.00      

Build date: 2012-02-23 10:22

VMM is actually vcenter / vSphere 4.1 U2

mk
Occasional Advisor
Solution

So HP Support said to just ignore this error. Not really the answer I wanted.