cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Alerts in Overall Thermal and Fan Status

Neilly
Occasional Visitor

False Alerts in Overall Thermal and Fan Status

We've recently installed SIM 7.8 accross our network which consists of Proliant Servers (mainly ML370 G3s) and are getting a fair number of false alerts within the "Environment" section relating to the above subject.

I've tried re-installing SIM 7.2 but this doesn't give the functionality in respect of arrays, drives, controllers, etc which I require.

I've also tried upgrading to v8 but this still produces the aforementioned alerts.

If anyone provide a solution to this problem I would be very grateful as I'm having to regularly check 50 servers with false alerts and this, as you can imagine, takes too long.

P.S. This thread has been moved from ITRC server mgmt (Insight Manager 7) Forum to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum - HP Forums Moderator

1 REPLY
Neilly
Occasional Visitor

Re: False Alerts in Overall Thermal and Fan Status

If anyone else is having this issue, the answer is to put the full 'new' pack on (e.g. 7.8, 8.0, 8.1, etc) and leave the "HP Insight Manager Server Agents for NetWare" and "HP Insight Management Foundation Agents for NetWare" at 7.2 level.

Alternatively, if you have already installed the whole 7.8 (or 8.0, 8.1, etc), you can re-install the above 2 components using the 7.2 pack and this will also work.