6999 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: False fan and power supply alerts from Gen 9 servers on Sim7.6

Andrew_R
Advisor

False fan and power supply alerts from Gen 9 servers on Sim7.6

Afternoon all.

I have 3 server which are constantlly sending false alerts to Sim relating to fan and power supply removal . 

The exact alerts are as follows: 

(SNMP) Fan Removed (6039)

(SNMP) Power Supply Removed (6034)

they are all running V2.73 of the ilo4 firmware and Sim has the latest hotfixes and Mibs installed.

6 REPLIES 6
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

Please share the below-required informations to isolate the issue.

1. How do you know this is the false alert?

2. What is the current bios version, update the server bios if the server is running older bios version.

3. Any error message in IML or what is the IML error?

4. What are the front and rear LED indications?

If you are thinking, the server is running the latest bios version and no FAN noise and all the LED indication normal.
I would suggest you to have a proper case be logged with HP, and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Andrew_R
Advisor

Hi @SanjeevGoyal 

It is a false alert as this is affecting multiple servers and they have not had their fans or psu's removed at the time of the alerts. 

The servers are running the most recent bios.

There are old psu errors from several years ago which have been cleared. There have been no new iml errors. 

The led indicators are green. 

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I would suggest you to have a proper case be logged with HP, and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Andrew_R
Advisor

Hi Sanjeev. Issue is with the Esxi version as it is version 7 and the fans and power supply have an unknown health status associated with them and this is causing all of the false alerts.
GuJrAnWaLiAn
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue, DL380 GEN9 HP SIM is sending alerts Fan/PSU is removed whereas when i login to ILO there is no logs or fault found. ESXI host is on version 7. 

how do i fix it?

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @GuJrAnWaLiAn

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo