Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752785 Members
6153 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

False unreachable events

Olaf Hoetger

False unreachable events

We are running SIM 5.0 SP5 and we get Emails from SIM regarding unreachable systems, but the systems are running and online.
I tested a system with a continuous ping, it was reachable with less than 1ms response time from the server the sim is installed on, but events from SIM said "system unreachable".
Can anyone help me?
May the server be overloaded?
3 REPLIES 3
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

Re: False unreachable events

Hi Olaf,

Try this in case you have not..

To configure status change event settings:
1. Select Options├в Events├в Status Change Event Settings. The Status Change Event Settings
page appears.
2. Two options are available on this page. Select one or both of the options.
├в ┬в Enable creation of system status change events-> This option causes a system unreachable event to be sent whenever a system cannot be reached by a ping through the Hardware Status Polling task. Enabling this option causes a system reachable event to be created whenever the system is reachable again.
├в ┬в Automatically clear unreachable system status change events when system is reachable-> If this option is enabled, when a system that was previously unreachable starts to respond, the previous unreachable event is marked with a cleared state.
3. Click OK to apply changes.

Hope this works!!!!!

Regards,
rmn
Olaf Hoetger

Hi,

i know that option, but the problem is different. The systems that are reportet "unreachable" are definitly reachable, and a continous ping shows no interrups.
Carsten Reinhard
Frequent Advisor

Olaf,

I had this problem once with a ProCurve AccessPoint. I enabled some kind of Multicast/Broadcast limit and afterwards SIM said sporadicly the AccessPoint was unreacheable.