1752782 Members
5669 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Faulting application cqmghost.exe Version 8.0.0.0

Dan Bell MM
Occasional Contributor

Upgrading from 7.91 to 8.0 VCA would not recoginze the update, will not uninstall. VCA appears in the add/remove programs but errors on removal with:
A network error occured while attempting read from the file C:\windows\installer\vcagent.msi
then:
Fatal error during installation

I have reinstalled, deleted all agents, reg hacked, and del c:\HP, reinstalled 7.91 without any success of getting VCA to recognize the agent. Also see:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forumsquestionanswer.do?threadId=1216359.
Dr. Helmut Kreiser

Hello,

I tried to reverte back to V7.91, but the problem still persists, too.

What to do now ??

Helmut

Michael Jo

Same problem here. Fresh install of Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 Enterprise SP2 on HP Proliant BL460c.

Will try reverting to 7.91 as suggested here to see if problem persists.
Rack Planning
Occasional Advisor

So, after I could not roll back to V7.91 I was forced to run the repair function from the Win23K install disk. After booting up and repairing some of my broken MMC links I was able to roll back to V7.91. V8.0 must have broken part of my kernel and or registry. Now I am fully running on V7.91 all of my applications are fully functional.

WW39626
Advisor

After reviewing our managed servers I also found that 3 of them are also experiencing the same issue. Windows 2003 Server Standard 32-bit.

Faulting application cqmghost.exe, version 8.0.0.0, faulting module cpqperf.dll, version 8.0.0.0, fault address 0x000035bc.

Reporting queued error: faulting application cqmghost.exe, version 8.0.0.0, faulting module cpqperf.dll, version 8.0.0.0, fault address 0x000035bc.

I havent decided what to do just yet to resolve it.
Sandy W_1
Occasional Advisor

I am getting this to, narrowed it down to file: cp008045.exe HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions version 8.0

I tried the previous version, 7.95 and did not appear to experience this issue. I tried both uninstalling the Insight Mangement Agent software first then installing AND I've tried upgrading on top of 7.95 and have the same results. I have a case open with HP right now.
Dr. Helmut Kreiser

I tried to go back from 8.0 to 7.91. In principal, it works, but i did it in that way:

- deinstall all components from 8.0
- run e Repairinstallation of Windows
- install the old version 7.91

This works fine.

Helmut
Sandy W_1
Occasional Advisor

Too much work for me.. I just reimage from our base image using Rapid Deployment. My base image includes all 8.0 updates except the Insight Management Agents (which is 7.91)
WW39626
Advisor

Well the problem appears to be more widespread than I had originally thought. For testing, I uninstalled the Version Control Agent and also the Insight Management Agent and downgraded them both to version 7.91. So ill give it a day or two and see how stable the servers will be. For now the 2 servers seem to be working normally without the errors appearing in the Event Log.
Sandy W_1
Occasional Advisor

This isn't a result of Version Control Agent 8.0 because I'm running it on all my servers and haven't gotten those errors, its just the Insight Management Agent 8.0.