Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753464 Members
4743 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Faulting application wmiprvse.exe, faulting module HPWinHostedEthernetTeam.dll

Linda J Ryan

Re: Faulting application wmiprvse.exe, faulting module HPWinHostedEthernetTeam.dll

Hi Casha,

The NICs are HP NC7781 Gigabit
They are network teamed (1 team)
Network Configuration Utility 9.10.0.0

Linda
Michael Gassert

Had the same problem with approximately 12 out of 60 servers that I updated firmware on a couple weeks ago.

Removing the WBEM agent from 'add/remove programs' seemed to elimate the error on all servers.
Casha Meyer
Advisor

PSP 8.0 is required in order to run the WBEM Providers. I see you have updated to PSP 8, but I am wondering if something failed to update or was skipped.

The WBEM providers require the latest Enhanced System Management driver, ilo II Management Controler driver, Rilo II/ilo driver, nic and starage drivers from PSP 8.0 or greater.

Insure all components installed sucessfully by going through the cpqsetup.log starting at the bottom.

If everything is up to psp 8.x, then please open a case with support. They will be able to enable additional debug logging on the wbem providers.
Ralf Hesse_1
Occasional Visitor

Hi Linda,

I have the same problem with 12 DL360/380 G4 with W2k3 SP1 and network teaming.
First I have uninstalled the wbem provider, disabled the teaming, than uninstalled the network configuration utility.
After a reboot, I have installed the wbem provider again, without errors in the event logs.
Than I have installed the network configuration utility, configured the network teaming, and there are no new errors in the event log.
Not a solution, but maybe a workaround.

A HP case is generated and in progress.

I have the same problem.

Ralf wrote "A HP case is generated and in progress"

Does someone knows something about the status of this case or have a solution ?
Ralf Hesse_1
Occasional Visitor

Hi Lischka,
HP has closed this case and told me, maybe it wil be fixed with the next ? psp.
The only "solution" for this problem I know, was the "workaround" i have wrote in Juni.
I don't have tested the psp 8.1 at this time.
bollen
Frequent Advisor

Ralf wrote:
"HP has closed this case and told me, maybe it will be fixed with the next ? psp."

What does HP Mean by "maybe"? I want this to be fixed asap en not "maybe in the next version" or so. This is becoming such an annoyance on virtual all our servers that I am considering removing the complete PSP all together. PSP and SIM maintenance is taking too much of my time anyway, even without these idiotic messages. Our Linux systems run without PSP so I presume Windows can also do without the PSP.

Ralf also wrote:
"I don't have tested the psp 8.1 at this time."
I did and it sucks!
L8r, Henk
briansw

I have been having the exact same issue as described by Linda J Ryan. Contacted HP support, they ultimately said it was an issue that needed to be resolved with M$.

I removed all HP management software. Upgraded server to sp2. Installed PSP 8.1. Still have same error.

Just found this forum and removed the WBEM software as suggested and still receive 'WMI encountered a problem an needed to close' on reboot.
bollen
Frequent Advisor

I├в ve found on several systems that the problem has gone when you just ├в Dissolve├в a team (Control Panel > HP Network Config Utility) and then ├в Team├в the adapters again. No reboot required. You do have to reconfigure the resulting new virtual adapter however.

Henk
Matthew Dreher
Occasional Advisor

I have found that this problem is because the PSP v8 and above installs the optional WBEM drivers even if it was not installed previously. I don't know why they set it to always install the "optional" component for this but when I install the PSP components one item at a time, I have no issues. If I install the PSP, it installs the WBEM drivers and I start getting these errors on about 30% of the systems. I have found two ways to resolve these errors. Set the SMH to point to SNMP through the settings, uninstall the WBEM drivers and run the following:
winmgmt /clearadap
winmgmt /kill
winmgmt /unregserver
winmgmt /regserver
winmgmt /resyncperf

If this does not resolve the issue, I have to do what the other person stated where you have to break the network team and rebuild those connections.

The question is why is HP insisting on installing the WBEM optional components on the PSP v8 and above? How do we disable this behavior or when is this going to be fixed?