4101 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Filter snmp trap on one particular server

SIT
Regular Advisor

Filter snmp trap on one particular server

Hi,

On one of our server, we receive a lot of unwanted event.
I know that it's possible to filter snmp trap in the option menu but all my servers will be affected by this filter, is it possible to filter only a specific server ?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Re: Filter snmp trap on one particular server

hi

Go in options/ events / events filter settings

add your server to the discard list.

other solution is to create an action on event task in events / autoamtic event handling task / new where you will take all events from the selected server and decide to clear them automatically.

Therefore, all events coming this machine will be cleared automatically by the HP SIM server. They will be kept in the database since they are not deleted.

hope it helps

fred

тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
SIT
Regular Advisor

Thanks for your answer but still want to receive all the others trap from this server ... HPSIM is better and better but not perfect :(

Another thing, i've tried to not receive particular event "(SNMP) Fibre Channel Tape Controller Status Change (16008)"
So in Option - Events - SNMP Trap Settings i've set the mib event to severity "Information", see attachemen, then i've a automatic Event Handling to only send Critical, Major or Warning Events but i still receive the envent ....

SIT
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Any idea why i continue to receive "(SNMP) Fibre Channel Tape Controller Status Change (16008)" traps since i've set the attached mib severity to informational .. ?

Thx