1753261 Members
5143 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Filtering Email Alerts

astacy
Advisor

Filtering Email Alerts

We are running iLO5 and there are several alerts I would like to stop receiving.  Can some one give me some help?  I would like to turn off notifications for Overall Security status alerts, Ports disconnected (has to be turned off on on the oneview side not the OS), Refreash failed, Unable to collect firmware inventory, the list goes on.  I would love to see HPE update filtering on the next version an make it much easier.

3 REPLIES 3
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Filtering Email Alerts

Hello,

Please follow up the below link, let me know if the issue still persists.

HPE Integrated Lights Out (iLO 4) - Configuring Insight Management Integration

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00045583en_us&docLocale=en_US

Advisory: HPE OneView - Alert Message, "Unable to Collect Firmware Inventory After Multiple Retries. The Firmware Inventory May Be Incomplete" Maybe Displayed in OneView

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00066204en_us&docLocale=en_US

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

astacy
Advisor

SanjeevGoyal,

Thank you, unfortunately that webpage doesn't show me how to filter out specific email alerts.  I have notifications enable I would just like to get rid of some of the false alerts, or static.  Meaning alerts that are useless.  For example, "Overall security status of the system is at risk" and  "Connectivity lost for adapter in slot 2, port 1. "  We receive tons of these every day and sometimes a valid alert gets lost because of the amount of junk alerts we receive that are not actual hardware failures.

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I would suggest you have a proper case be logged with HPE, and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo