Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware and software revision

chenkott
Occasional Contributor

Firmware and software revision

For some servers The "firmware and software revision" details are captured in HPSIM but some servers its not captured why?

3 REPLIES
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Firmware and software revision

This depends on the server hardware type, version of the agent or HP SIM.

An other thing can be the credentials and or used protocols but as you provide no extra info to your setup i can only guess..........

You could give an example

Kind regards,

Andrew
chenkott
Occasional Contributor

I am using HP Insight control (HPSIm 7.3)

Both servers are ProLiant BL460c G7. We use SNMp and SSh for iLOand SNMP for server.

The agents installed in server for which the firmware and software  detials  displayed in HPSIM are,

hp-snmp-agents-8.7.0.23-17
hp-health-8.7.0.22-11
hpvca-6.3.0-8
hpacucli-9.30-15.0
hpsmh-6.3.0-22
hp-smh-templates-8.7.0.10-10
hpijs-1.6.7-6.el5_6.1
hpdiags-8.7.0-26
hponcfg-3.1.1-0
hplip-1.6.7-6.el5_6.1

The agents installed in server for which the firmware and software  detials not displayed in HPSIM are,

hpsmh-7.1.2-3
hp-smh-templates-9.2.5.6-6.all
hp-snmp-agents-9.1.0.57-71.rhel5
hponcfg-4.0.0-0
hp-health-9.1.0.42-52.rhel5
hpdiags-9.3.0-466
hpvca-7.1.2-0
hpacucli-9.30-15.0

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Did you update the server that's missing the info with the latest SPP? Could be an older bios or other firmware.

If you downgrade the snmp agents on the server missing information, does this solve the missjng i fo problem? 

Also be sure to check the snmpd configs on both servers and compare them.

Kind regards,

Andrew