5656 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Firmware states - Installed Active and Installed Inactive

SvilenSul
Occasional Advisor

Firmware states - Installed Active and Installed Inactive

Hello all,

On SIM 7.4 when you go to a System Page of a certain managed server, there is Firmware And Software Revisionis menu. There are displayed different Sys and DLL files with their current versions and state. My questions is: What exactly states "Installed Active" and "Instaled Inactive" mean? 

Attached is a screenshot.
5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Firmware states - Installed Active and Installed Inactive

Active and passieve on a bios i get, dual bios with active and passive chip. Software on the other hand, how an executable can be inactive i don't know.
Kind regards,

Andrew
SvilenSul
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Andrew. But my problem is that is messing up my reports. Once a fitware is reported Installed Inactive, in the software management reports you don`t see the new version avaialble in the SPP.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again, I've looked in my own setup, but inactive seems be be a bogus state. One of the inactive installed files on one of my servers is the hpshmd.exe. This piece of software is always online so the Inactive state is pointless.
Kind regards,

Andrew
SvilenSul
Occasional Advisor

Thanks again Andrew. When you do a software status report, do you have those marked as "Inactive" reported with the latest avaialble verions? 

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Yes, I only see one version of the file and that is the installed and running version.
Kind regards,

Andrew