Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753418 Members
4878 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Found large "Insight"-Database on our Server - how can I get rid of it? (Screenshot inside!)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Daniel M.

Found large "Insight"-Database on our Server - how can I get rid of it? (Screenshot inside!)

Hello,

my Name is Daniel and I hope to geht some help from you guys here :-)

Here is a Screenshot of our Problem:
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1678/insightf.jpg

As you all can see, the DB takes up ~30 GB of the harddiskspace and there are only ~2,5 GB left for other things.

The word "insight" makes me think, all this data is stored by the Insight Manager or the Insight diagnostics, right?

Since we haven┬┤t been using the Insight Manager anyway and we do need the 30 GB space, I┬┤d like to stop this service or set the DB to a certain amount of MB or have a chance to clean out unneeded information. Either way: The size has to go down noticeable.

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Daniel
3 REPLIES 3
fred Passeron
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Found large "Insight"-Database on our Server - how can I get rid of it? (Screenshot inside!)

Hi

According to what I see in your screenshot, I can tell you that that this DB is an ICE db (Insight Control Environnement). It is at the same time an HP SIM db , for HP SIM is the central part of the ICE environnment.

If the HP SIM server is still up and if you are not using it, you may want to remove the application before scratching the DB.

if you are not using it, you can remove the db.

hope it helps

fred

тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

And if you are using this database you could delete a alot of OLD EVENTS or delete event that are not usefull like INFORMATIONAL EVENTS, these data are usally BIG

Say thank you with hp points,these points are situated next to every messages in you thread has UNASSIGNED.

Dan
Daniel M.

Hello guys,

sorry for my absence and thanks for your hints! The DBs size has been reduced by deleting the transactionprotocols.

Cheers
Daniel