1753745 Members
5044 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Foundation Agent will fails to install

Hall27
Occasional Advisor

Foundation Agent will fails to install

I am having trouble installing the management agents due to the foundation agent failing to start. What should I be looking for as possible causes?
5 REPLIES 5
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: Foundation Agent will fails to install

We had this trouble on a few of our servers as well. In each case, it looks like it was a corrupted install. We fixed everyone of them by doing the following:
Log onto the affected server, Go to Add or Remove Programs and remove the HP Insight Management Agents. Reboot the server. Reinstall the agents and reboot again.
Hall27
Occasional Advisor

There is no listing for the management agents in add or remove programs. I have: HP Survey utility, HP array Config utility, array config utility CLI, array diagnostic utility, Proliant integrated management log viewer, proliant remote monitor service, protect your data, system homepage, version control and insightdiagnostics. This is all that shows up.

Does the foundation agent rely on anything to run?
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Something did not get installed properly then. The Foundation agents are dependent on:
HP Insight NIC agents
HP Insight Server Agents
HP Insight Storage Agents
SNMP Service

THey are all part of the HP Management Agents.
Are all of these running?

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Yes, SNMP for one thing...
Per-Emil Gustafsson

I assume it's the cqmghost.exe/cpqmhost.dll.dll that fails during the installation.

I had the exact same problem as you after I installed to the PSP v.8.10.
I had no entry of the Management Agents in either Add/Remove programs nor in the control panel.
I noticed that no services of the management agents were running and there were no files in the cpqmgmt folder under system32.

I copied the correct files from a server that had a successfull install, and noticed that during the install process on the server with the corruped Management Agents the services foundation agents + dependencies tried to start, and I also noticed that the HP Management Agent shortcut appeared in the control panel!

If your case also is that during an install the HP Management Agent shortcut in the Control Panel appears, you can simply go to the Management Agents configuration, and move the "Host Information" to inactive agents, since that is the Agent interrupting the install process.

If that works you will be able to reinstall the management agents, and then if needed uninstall(when the entries have been added to add/remove programs after the successful reinstall) and do a clean install.

I hope this was any help to people with similar problems.

-
Emil