Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748261 Members
3717 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Getting Server 2012 added into Version Control Repository Manager?

Upinit
Occasional Advisor

Getting Server 2012 added into Version Control Repository Manager?

I'm new to HP SIM and Version Control Repository Manager and need some guidance with regards to getting Server 2012 set up.

We have installed HP SIM 7.1 and set up the Version Control Repository with the latest updates. 

I downloaded the latest SPP which is 2012.10.0 and installed it on one of our server 2012 servers. I then logged into the Version Control Agent and pointed the server to the VCRM with the correct credentials. When I get to the Reference Support Pack screen I don't have any reference support packs to choose from.  I tried on a Server 2008 server and do see available reference packs for Server 2008.

When I go to the VCRM and check what OSes we want the VCRM to download Server 2012 is not available from this list.

Also, when I go into SIM and check the Software/Firmware baselines Server 2012 is not available from the list.

How do I get Server 2012 as an available selection within VCRM?

7 REPLIES 7
Upinit
Occasional Advisor

Anyone have any ideas here? I'm stuck with regards to implementing this version until we get this going. Thanks!
J_N_Rhodes
Valued Contributor

Have you installed HP SIM (& VCRM) on Windows 2012 server?

J_N_Rhodes
Valued Contributor

Is this resolved?
crays
Occasional Visitor

I have the same problem and I don't believe it is possible yet.  HP hasn't released a support pack for server 2012.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3716247&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=3716246

The only way to install the drivers on 2012 that I know of is to use the SPP.  Hopefully they release the support pack to add to the VCRM in the next few weeks when SIM 7.2 comes out.

Upinit
Occasional Advisor

So it looks like the Admin before us had downloaded SIM 7.1 and this is what we used for our install. Server 2012 is not available to manage with this version. We saw that Patch 2 had been released in October so we downloaded and installed this Patch. This allowed us to manage Server 2012!

We now see that 7.2 is set to be released sometime this month so we are going to hold off implementing SIM until this is released.

Aasim
HPE Pro

Hi Upinit

This issue has been reproduced in our Lab

The Software Engineering team are aware of the problem particularly on Win2012.

I am not sure if there is a fix in 7.2 but you can give it a try, if not this will be fixed in future release

but no ETA.

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
crays
Occasional Visitor

Alright, so I have found a way to add the newest SPP to the VCRM and server 2012 picks it up as a selection. First download the newest SPP from HP and extract it.  Then on your VCRM select upload support pack, find where you extracted it and under the HP folder you will be able to click the check mark to upload that pack.  Let it upload and your VCRM should show that you now have 1 support pack for proliant.  Both my 2008 R2 and Server 2012 can now use it.