1753417 Members
4979 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Getting Warranty/Contract Info into SIM

David J. Nelson
Advisor

Getting Warranty/Contract Info into SIM

So I've been messing around with SIM 5.1 and the warranty/contract stuff for a few days, and I'm at a complete loss.

When I go into Options | Remote Support and hit the Remote Support Services tab, I can see the warranty/contract status of all of my servers. But the information never makes it into SIM itself (blue question mark on everything).

When I run the Monthly Contract and Warranty Collection task, it always fails with:

"There was no response from the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client and/or the remote entitlement service at hp.com. Verify the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client service is running, properly configured and that the HP SIM server has access to the internet."

Can someone please remove the stupid pill I seem to have swallowed!? :)

Thanks!
-- Dave
14 REPLIES 14
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Ok Dave small question

When you go in HP SIM, go into one of the item you want to get the CW, did you fill out the section '' TOOL & LINKS''> ''Edit System Properties''>''Contract and Warranty Information'':
you must fill out
Asset Information
>Customer-Entered serial number
(serial number of the item)
> Product number:
(EX:ML350 G3=''269787-001'')

Once you have enter this you can do this in insight still TASK ''LOGS''> ''View ALL SCHEDULE TASK''>''Monthly Contract and Warranty Collection''>''RUN NOW''

Have a trick for applying many server at once,if you want ask!?
David J. Nelson
Advisor

I tried your suggestion on one server and the Monthly Contract and Warranty Collection job still failed. The only thing that needed to be filled in was the Customer-Entered Serial Number (the Product Number was already populated).
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

You need also sometimes PRODUCT number, don't ask me why it just doesn't work on all the server, i attribute SERIAL NUMBER and
> Product number:
(EX:ML350 G3=''269787-001'')

Try it!
David J. Nelson
Advisor

OK - maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're telling me. Here's what I have:

Customer-Entered serial number: EA********
Product Number: 333705-001

This is what I have for the one server I tried a few minutes ago...
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

It didn't work?

It should have..all of mine have and this is SERVERS,PRINTERS and anything that is HP, it work great.

Bizarre...
David J. Nelson
Advisor

Yeah... I opened a support call with HP and I have a backline engineer calling me back. As soon as I hear something, I'll post it here.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Cool David!
CA1499584
Regular Advisor

One.. You don't need to fill out those forms, That is done at discovery or running Identify. Other is that you need to register under Options, And to make sure you have done remote support and configuration services, Also in your server where U have your SIM there is a "Remote Support Software Manager" icon , check that one too, make sure it have installed allupdates...
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

On older servers you won't get the part numbers, they can be manually added as suggested above.

As for Serial Numbers these should be present, if they're not that's sometimes because the motherboard has been replaced. It should be visible on the server and can be re-entered into the BIOS.