1752782 Members
5676 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Getting Warranty/Contract Info into SIM

David J. Nelson
Advisor

I agree that I shouldn't have to fill out those forms, but I did so anyway just to ensure that nothing was left to chance. I have registered under Options | Remote Support and hit the Remote Support Services and can see the warranty status there, but it just doesn't populate SIM. And all updates via Remote Support Software Manager have been installed.
Steve_576
Frequent Advisor

I have the same issue. Remote Support shows my warranty and contract info, yet SIM doesn't.

For whatever reason, I have 1 PC from 200 devices that does report warranty - otherwise nothing else - printers, servers, PCs, etc report it in SIM. I've tried all the various combination of entering sn's, product #'s etc. In SIM - no go, in remote support screen the warranties show. I have run, filled out and registered the remote support pack.
James Kennedy_5
Regular Advisor

It seems you guys are all getting even further than I am.

I just did a brand new Windows 2003 build on a ProLiant Server. Installed SIM 5.1 complete install.

Then I ran the Remote Support Software Manager and went through all the steps with no issues.

Now, back in SIM, I still can't get the Options | Remote Support in my menu, it just doesn't show up no matter what I do. I don't get any options for Contract and Warranty

I've read through the guides and followed all the steps, I just can't figure this out.
Any help would be appreciated.
James Kennedy_5
Regular Advisor

Ok, finally got it working. You gotta install everything from the console session.
ProLiant Mike
Occasional Advisor

After installing from non-console RDP, removing, re-installing from console and much troubleshooting trying to get RSP to work, HP 2nd level support for RSP told me you must also "Turn DEP (Data Execution Prevention) on for essential Windows programs and services only". This is NOT the default. The default setting prevents the java scripts from performing the install correctly.

I thought I might share since I toiled with this issue for weeks.