1753628 Members
5636 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Getting false drive space threshold alerts on one server

Upinit
Occasional Advisor

Getting false drive space threshold alerts on one server

All our production servers are being monitored for drive space usage. When it reaches 80% used space it will alert. We have one server we keep getting alerts for that seem to be false. We know this as we hop on the server immediately when we get it, and have created a script to check usage every minute and we don't see the usage go anywhere near the 80% mark.

This is the only server we seem to have issues with. Can anyone help me pinpoint why SIM would be generating these false alerts? We have SIM 5.3 with SP1.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Upinit
Occasional Advisor

Re: Getting false drive space threshold alerts on one server

So now what it looks like is its not falsely alerting us on the one drive, its just mis identiying what drive is running out of space.

It is alerting us that the D drive is running out space when its really the F drive that is. We didn't realize this until the F drive did in fact run completely out of space.

We checked the disk threshold area within the servers HP SIM web site and it seems to be accurately identifying the drives in there so I'm completely at a loss as to why this is happening. Any thoughts?
Upinit
Occasional Advisor

Re: Getting false drive space threshold alerts on one server

Just an FYI I ended up calling HP support who was able to direct me to this link:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=3659620&prodTypeId=18964&objectID=c01273171

I did stpes 1 through 3 on it and it fixed my inaccurate drive alerts.