Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with HPSMH

Dermot1
Advisor

Getting started with HPSMH

Hi

I have a DL385 with running Fedora 4. I installed the HP SMH with the Smart array 6i diagnostic tool and opened a browser to the server on port 2381. Everytime I browser to it, I get a timeout. There is no tools tab and I can see nothing that shows me the systems health.

I can login as root and access the logs. There is one error that is repeated:
UI Timeout -- Nav Load Time: 379s [breakdown: hmastor(HP Storage Agent): 66s || webagent(HP Foundation Agent): 102s || hmaserv(HP Server Agent): 211s || elm(backwards compatibility): 0s]

Can anyone offer me some advice please?

3 REPLIES
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Re: Getting started with HPSMH

I don't know that Fedora is on the list of supported distributions - that may be part of the problem. The actual log message you have listed indicates that all the SNMP based agents have huge timeouts - that probably indicates a problem with the agents being able to communicate with SNMP. You might check to make sure you have SNMP setup correctly.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Dermot1
Advisor

No FC is not a supported OS still I thought that it would work.

The docs do say:

"If no tools are provided by the HP Web-enabled System Management Software, the Tools page is not visible"

I am not sure if I have any tools installed.

Thanks for the tip though, I will look at the SNMP set-up and see if that's installed and running.
Dermot1
Advisor

Excellent. That worked. Installed and started snmpd and I am getting no timeouts and far more information.
Thanx again.
Dp.