4399 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Grooming the SIM database

Nate2272
Occasional Advisor

Grooming the SIM database

Hi,

I'm looking to groom our SIM databases for SIM (v5.0) running on MSDE 8.0.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the easiest way to do this? One of our DBs is currently at 120k events, and no automatic Event handling had been set up.

I've managed to manually delete some informational/login events, but I was wondering if it's possible to delete events by date..and set this up via Automatic Event handling?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Cheers,

Nate
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

It is a way to clean event message,in HP SIM>OPTION>EVENTS>DELETE EVENT....you take what you want.

DOn not forget to apply the point.

Daniel
Cindy Osborn
Valued Contributor

Nate,

I had this happen when I first had the 4.0 installed. It was hard to use the interface to delete the events when it was this many records. I finally deleted the events from the table in sql and then set up the automatic event handling. Seems like we had to set up queries older than so many days until we could it a query that was around 4k events. Finally I just said this ain't working and went into Enterprise manager and emptied the table.
Nate2272
Occasional Advisor

Thanks,

I used the event deletion utility, but was curious about deleting events based on date (anything older than 90 days)? The MSDE db has grown to over 800 Mb, the interface was sluggish, at best. I found 2 servers primarily responsible for the DB growth, and
have removed their events to improve performance for the time being.

Thanks for the suggestions, all.

Nate