108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HDD Predictive Failure Trap

SOLVED
Go to solution
James D.
Advisor

HDD Predictive Failure Trap

I am using HP SIM 5.0 w/ the latest PSP installed on the servers. We have DL380 and DL360 G3/G4 models. I updated the firmware on some test servers and am trying to get an SNMP trap when a hard drive predictive failure occurs.

What do I need to do to be able to receive these alerts?
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

James D.
Advisor

Thanks for the response. I failed to mention the SIM server is already successfully receiving other traps (Power Supply Failed, NIC failed, and Logical Disk status change).

We also have NNM and which I added the latest Proliant MIBs. There is a trap for physical hard drive Predictive Failure. We also have a hard drive that is no longer under warranty that gives a status of Predictive Failure. So, I have been testing to try and generate the trap. The drive light starts to flash amber, Systems Management Homepage gives a drive status of Predictive Failure. Yet, no trap is generated.

I am not sure if it is possible or not but I was just hoping we could get an alert before the drive actually fails.
Steve Kadish
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi James,

Are you sure that you are using the latest MIBs for SIM?

- Steve
James D.
Advisor

There was indeed an update to the HP SIM mibs. I updated the mibs and sure enough the trap was received. Thanks.