1753757 Members
4911 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP BladeSystem Visualization Error

Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

HP BladeSystem Visualization Error

Running SIM 5.0 on Windows and trying to bring up the BladeSystems tool graphical view of my enclosure. I'm getting an error "HP BladeSystem Visualization Error" followed by "Will be re-directed to HPBadeSystem Home Page in 20 seconds". What is causing this? I rebooted and it worked for awhile, now it's happening again. Is there a conflict with some other tool I'm using? I also have OVOW 7.5 installed on the same server and just recently installed Adobe SVG Viewer to allow viewing of topologies in Oracle Grid Control. Could that be causing a conflict?
Just checked and I'm running HP BladeSystem Integrated Manager 2.0.
11 REPLIES 11
grvnetteam
Advisor

Re: HP BladeSystem Visualization Error

I am getting the same error.

"HP BladeSystem Visualization Error
You will be redirected to HP BladeSystem Home Page in 20 seconds."

I am running HPSIM 5.1 w/HP BladeSystem Integrated Manager 2.3, on a Windows 2003 Server SP1 R2, with a MSDE backend.

This is from a fresh install of HPSIM.
Tom McGuigan
Frequent Advisor

I'm having the same problem. However, I have the advantage of seeing it on only 1 enclosure out of dozens. Guess what? After some sleuthing, I found what may be the culprit - a previously discovered server that does not think it is part of the enclosure!! I did an inventory of everything in the enclosure and realized one of the servers was not appearing (it was a linux bl45p with server type=unknown). This server cannot be added to SIM since it is already discovered, and it does not know it is part of any blade enclosure...thus, the "visualization error". I plan to delete the discovered blade and verify I can see everything else in the enclosure first, then tackle proper discovery of the problem blade. Hope this helps!!
Tom
AdamJ
Frequent Advisor

I am getting this error as well. It is happening on 3 of our 8 enclosures.
grvnetteam
Advisor

OK.....I have, since my last posting, upgraded to ICE 2.20, which completely replaced all of the major components. this has corrected my BladeSystem tool.

If you are not using ICE, then i would highly suggest upgrading to HPSIM 5.2, as this would effectively do the same thing.

Thanks,

Chris
AdamJ
Frequent Advisor

I have upgraded to Hp SIM 5.2 and I am still seeing this error. I have contacted HP about this and am awaiting a response.
loooolaaaaa
Frequent Advisor

"HP BladeSystem Visualization Error" will appear when on the enclosure firmware is not upgraded. Make sure all the enclosure has the same firmware and rediscover it.
Tom McGuigan
Frequent Advisor

I have narrowed the problem down to ILO(s) in the problem enclosure exhibiting the Visualization problem. The fix is to delete and rediscover the problem ILOs. The trick is identifying the problem ILOs.

How to identify Problem ILOs...
Previously discovered Problem ILOs - also known as "Management Processors" in HPSIM, each display one of two symptoms;
1) The problem ILO appears to have two assocations - one with the managed server PLUS a second association with the enclosure...
Below is an example;
ILO Name = gvk17130311
Association 1 = in Encl. 1713-03
Association 2 = in Server gvwgcdtp11
Note; "Normal/Healthy" ILOs have only 1 association - with the server (NOT the enclosure).
OR
2) The problem ILO has a Health Status of Major/Orange.

The easiest way to find the problem ILOs is to view the "All Management Processors" collection. Then scroll through the list to find the ILOs in the enclosures where you are are getting the Visualization errors, and look for ILOs with problems as described above. Note each problem ILO's IP address (so you can rediscover it later), select it, and delete it. When you are finished, go back and confirm you can visualize the enclosure (you can rediscover the deleted ILOs afterward).

Why is this happening? Beats me! That's an HP Support question.

I've used the above procedure on several enclosures with Visualization problems and it worked every time(so far, so good). Let me know if anyone else tries this and their results!!
Thanks,
Tom
AdamJ
Frequent Advisor

HP Support instructed me to delete the enclosure and then discover the primary Onboard Administrator and this has solved the problem for me.
Jason Rackle
Advisor

Thank you very much Tom! Your solution worked PERFECTLY!!! I have been struggling with that error for some time and you have solved it!