Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753665 Members
5355 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Insight Agent 7.6 on RedHat Linux server not reporting correctly.

Sven Wells
Advisor

HP Insight Agent 7.6 on RedHat Linux server not reporting correctly.

We are installing HP Insight Agents v7.6 onto several RedHat linux servers. The Central Management Server is running Systems Insight Manager 5.1 - Windows. It appears that if a Major issue appears on the agent/server side of things, this is not reported to the CMS All Systems "page" Health Status. You only notice the Major issue if/when you open the agent's System Management Homepage.
Should this not also be reported on the Health Status of the CMS System Status section?
3 REPLIES 3
Newton S
Frequent Advisor

Execute a "Configure or Repair agents" task from SIM against the Targets and under :"Configure SNMP" select the "Set traps to refer to this instance of HP SIM" option
Sven Wells
Advisor

Thanks for your response. It appears that SNMP was/is already configured correctly and the target agent is reporting to the CMS.

The agent on the target is reporting partially, in that the agent appears to be healthy and reporting a healthy status (Green checkmark). However, when I open the target's System Management Home Page, I see that the Management Processor is in a "Major" unhealthy state (orange exclamation point), but this is not being reported on the CMS end of things.
Ian Kirvell
Frequent Advisor

I wish I could help, but I am also having the same problem. Does your Linux system send test traps OK? It appears the Linux system management homepage has a "test trap" button, try that one out. Our system will happily send a test trap but not major / minor events just like yours. Maybe we are missing an agent on the Linux side?

HP can you help?