1752579 Members
3916 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Insight Control for vcenter installation error

mjk136
Visitor

HP Insight Control for vcenter installation error

Installed HP Insight Control 7.2 for vcenter, but it failed and now I am in the situation that the installation do not work and I am not able to uninstall the software since the the uninstaller hangs. Any suggestions?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Community Feedback & Suggestions to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
mjk136
Visitor

Re: HP Insight Control for vcenter installation error

Manually deleted entries of the software in registry, and were able to reinstall the software. However it failed again on the same spot at the end of the installation. I got a dialog box, saying this is somehow normal but I have not found documentation of it. The error: "Installation of Hostconfiguration component failed" (see attachment). The HP Insight Control for vCenter HC Server service does not sart. I get error 1075 when trying to start it. An error in event viewer gives me error 7003: "The HP Insight Control for vCenter HC Server Service service depends on the following nonexistent service: HP Insight Control for vCenter Database Service"

MarkusM
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I had the same issue and the same error message with an upgrade from 6.x to 7.2.

Stucked in the same situation, cannot uninstall nor reinstall.

For me it was a "not supported OS" - I tried the upgrade on a Win2k3 host, with no luck.

So rtfm solved it, cause Win2k8 is necessary to run IC for vcenter.

=> Reinstalled server with 2k8, installed IC for vcenter, everything is running fine since then.

KR

Biggles3309

I'm having the same issue, but my OS is supported and removing everything fomr the registry has not helped, in fact it caused more issues tha tlooks like I will have to re-build the entire server.

Not impressed with this bit of software or the management plug-in for the 3PAR.