Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748256 Members
3717 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition for Windows and Microsoft SMS 2003 Server

SOLVED
Go to solution

HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition for Windows and Microsoft SMS 2003 Server

Hi,

Is there an incompatibility between HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition for Windows (starting with the version available in PSP 7.20 for Windows Server 2003) and Microsoft SMS 2003 Server, because I cannot get this software package to be installed on the SMS 2003 Server any way I tried? This is the message I've got from the VC Agent log (everything else from the PSP 7.20 & 7.30 got installed without any issue):

Severity Error
Task ID 42911
Date / Time
Message Smart Component, cp005195.exe, failed to install with status 0.
Additional Data

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Setup Session Beginning: 4/27/2005 19:07:17 PM

Command Line Parameters Given: /silent

Name: HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition for Windows
New Version: 7.0.1.1219

Beginning Silent Session...
The software is not installed on this system, but is supported for
installation.

- the component will be installed

The operation was not successful.

End Session

6 REPLIES 6
sens

Re: HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition for Windows and Microsoft SMS 2003 Server

hey cristian,
i think you stuck in the middle..
look at thread:
subject: Version control agent reports incorrectly
in Insight Mgmt 7 forum
i have had the same problem, only the setting to disable the old service, than uninstall the 1,7..MB program and reinstall the version 7.0.0.1198A worked
funny side-effect is that HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition for Windows doesn├В┬┤t show up anymore in version control
i think hp fixed the un-/ install routine, of the HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition for Windows v 7.0.1.1219, but forgot to register the javascripting in VC
ergo vc can see the program but cannot install, does this makes sens

Thanks for your input, I know about the uninstall issue of the older version (that came with PSP 7.10) - because that one was based on a system service, so before doing this install I uninstalled that old version (6.30 or something like that) and disable the service, the same thing I did on all our Windows 2003 Servers, but only on this SMS 2003 Server the installation of the new version of Online Diagnostics (the one based on Java) was unsuccessfull, so I guess maybe there is a problem between the SMS software and the Online Diagnostics (the new Java based versions)?
I also know that the Version Control Agent doesn't report the version of this Online Diagnostics package anymore, and I don't really care too much about this either, all I wanted to know was if somebody else encountered the same issue on a Windows 2003 Server running MS SMS 2003 software, and if the HP guys know about this or can point me into the right direction (maybe some HP advisories or knowledgebase articles that are addresing this kind of issue).
Thanks anyway for your replay.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

The version of the VCA (2.1.1.720) in Support Pack 7.30A displays the version of the HP Online Diagnostics you're running.

The same Support Pack contains an updated version of HP Online Diagnostics (7.0.1.1219) you might want to try that.

If there are still problems, try running the cpnnnnn.exe directly from the Console. Sometimes there are requirements that the VCA cannot handle.

Thanks, Rob.
Yes, running the package from the console did help and the installation succeeded, after I let the installation software modify the read-only files c:\windows\system32\msvcr70.dll and msvcp70.dll .
I guess the reason for the earlier failures was the default "NO" answer for the confirmation messages to overwrite these 2 files that are not displayed when you run the silent installation from the Version Control Agent.
Is it possible to change this behaviour for all the packages that are installed through the Version Control Agent (or at least if you use - like I did - the "Force" option)?
Thanks again,
Cristian
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

Not that I'm aware of, but then it's not my area of expertise.
Just checked one of our Servers and those files are not flagged as Read Only.

Whether the files should be flagged Read Only I cannot say, but the fact they are seems to be throwing the VCA out.
Interesting if it was SMS that set them.

Thanks for your help.