6284 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Insight Event Notifier Service

SOLVED
Go to solution
lonelyoutpost

HP Insight Event Notifier Service

The HP Insight Event Notifier Service won't start on one of my servers. Any idea why not?

P.S. This thread has been moved from ITRC server mgmt (Insight Manager 7) Forum to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum - HP Forums Moderator

7 REPLIES 7
David Lawy
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP Insight Event Notifier Service

If your running W2K3 you should install SP1, if your on NT 4.0 try restarting the services by going in control panel and reviewing your HP Managment agents, if that's the case then check out the options in windows Services
lonelyoutpost

Thanks for replying. I have installed 2003 SP1. The service stopped working at about this time but works fine on my other SP1 machines.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

The most common reason is because it hasn't been configured. In your case, maybe its config was accidentally deleted. Start --> All Programs --> HP Management Agents --> Event Notifier Config
lonelyoutpost

Thanks David. You're right! I guess I was just too busy trying to start the service manually and just never got round to actually opening the GUI !! Fixed now - points coming your way. Maybe I'll get round to reding the documentation one of these days.
Jesse Zellmer
Frequent Advisor

Is there a way to globally configure the Event Notifier Config on multiple ProLiant servers, or does it have to be done server by server?
Luc Dubord

All config parameters are under this key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\CIMnotify\Parameters

You could export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\CIMnotify
to a .reg file and import it on your other servers
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Thanks for sharing the tips in configuring the CIM Notify service quickly.

where can I find the latest edition of this software ?

Best regards,