1753893 Members
7597 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Insight Mager Software Updates

PhilC_1
Advisor

HP Insight Mager Software Updates

Hi - I'm trying to find the URL that Insight Control accesses when the following command is ran:
Tools->Insight Software->Software Updates.

When I run this I get the following error:
"Invalid download site. The hostname stored in the server certificate and the download hostname do not match, or no valid server certificates could be found."

I'm not sure if this error is down to my firewall settings blocking the traffic or if there is something else wrong.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

if you are using any proxy please provide details. are you able to open that url in ur same browser? its basically gets data from hp.com some location.
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

sometime i have noticed this issue regarding firewall also. try to lowe seurity setting of ur browser? let me know if it helps.
PhilC_1
Advisor

Thanks for the reply - I should have said that I'm not sure what URL Insight manager is trying to access (pls refer to the screenshot I attached in the original message). If anyone know that I can try it in a browser to see if its also blocked there as well.

We are using a proxy and it allows the PSP files through without any issues.

By the way, I'm running build C.06.01.00.00
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

did u try adding hp.com in trusted site list on browser? like *.hp.*.com or something like that?
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

anyways this update just tell you what version of product you have and what is available on net(hp.com).
Note: it doesn't update anything what i was looking for.