1753776 Members
7369 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Insight Manager - AD password keeps getting locked out

Matt Schafer
Occasional Contributor

HP Insight Manager - AD password keeps getting locked out

I installed the SIM software logged in with my admin account and now my AD password keeps getting locked out ever since I changed my AD password lastweek. After looking through some log reports it shows that something on the insight manager server is locking out my account. The SIM services are running under a different service account, so I'm not sure what else could be using this account. Has anyone ran into this issue before?
3 REPLIES 3
CCyre
Advisor

Re: HP Insight Manager - AD password keeps getting locked out

Could it be possibly the account Version Control Agent uses to do it's thing? Go to any servers version control agent screen and on the left click change agent settings. Right on the first screen you'll see the account it uses and it's asking for a password. If it's your admin account you know that might be the issue then. because you can configure that agent in your repository to do all that for you each time you install the rdu on a server and it could be using the old password. I'd suggest making a different account called simadmin or something IF you're using the admin account.

if not then back to the drawing board. :P
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Check things like the WBEM settings, if you have that account in either the global wbem or maybe a number of server specific wbem settings. It uses that account during each data collection phase.
SIMQA
Occasional Advisor

Also, have you configured the integration with AD? (Options\Directory Service\Directory Server Configuration)